Applicants are required to meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for consideration.
- Completed a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited U.S. institution
Applicants currently in the process of completing undergraduate work must complete their degree requirements by no later than the end of their Spring quarter/semester. Applicants that have remaining undergraduate degree requirements that need to be completed during the summer will not be able to matriculate the same year. Interested students will need to wait to apply in the following application cycle after the certification of their degree.
- 3.0 minimum cumulative grade point average ( Recommended G.P.A. ≥ 3.20. Our program is looking for candidates that have demonstrated a consistent or progressively positive academic trend).
- One year of English Composition with a minimum grade point average of 3.0
- Science Requirement: must complete one of the following courses listed below within the past 3 years with a minimum grade point average of 3.0:
- Single Variable Calculus equivalent to UCI Math 2A , Math 2B, Math 5A , or Math 5B
- Preparatory/Introductory Chemistry or General Chemistry
- Provide SAT or ACT test scores. (See FAQ for information)
- Less than 25 % of the pre-med/health requirements completed
- Have NOT taken standardized health entrance tests (MCAT, DAT, OAT, PCAT) prior to applying to the program. Students whom have taken these exams are not eligible.
We are seeking highly motivated, academically consistent students that can show evidence of compassion as well as commitment to medicine and the community. It is our goal to support empathetic pre-health students who possess a genuine passion for medicine and a desire to aid under representative communities become competent future healthcare professionals. Our application for admission open October 15 and we encourage prospective to apply early. We have a rolling admissions policy. Competitive applicants will be invited for interviews on an ongoing basis. Students can expect to be notified of their admission status by email within two to six weeks from their interview date.
Recommendations for competitive candidacy
#1 Completion of any of the following courses listed below with a minimum grade of B+ or higher
- Preparatory or Introductory Chemistry
- Preparatory or General Biology
- Two quarters or semesters of Single-variable Calculus
It is important the applicant does not exceed the 25% pre-med/health maximum coursework allowance to remain eligible for the program.
#2 Academic record that shows evidence of handling a rigorous curriculum.
#3 Demonstrate aptitude for science course with a cumulative GPA of ≥ 3.20.
#4 Committed Clinical or Volunteer Experience (three months or longer)
#5 Community Service & Outreach
Expectations to remain in the program
To remain in the program, students must meet the following requirements:
- Maintain full-time enrollment with a minimum of 12 units per quarter
- Earn a minimum “B-” or better in all classes
- Earn a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 by end of first Fall quarter
- Earn a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.3 by end of first Spring quarter and quarters following