UCI Biological Sciences School Postbaccalaureate Premedical Program is specifically designed for students who have successfully completed an undergraduate degree in a non-science discipline and are now seeking a cultivating postbaccalaureate program that will help them complete the required basic core courses for pre-medical and other allied health professions admission. Our two-year year-round career changer program will expose our students to a rigorous science curriculum that focuses on integration science and fosters critical and analytical thinking skills. These learning methods are parallel to the preparations needed to be successful in measured standardized entrance examination such as the MCAT and real life application in the health professions workforce. Our students in addition to receiving the necessary academic preparation to excel in a health professional curriculum are guide through the application process. Our goal is to equip our students with the competitive advantage that will result in acceptance into medical school or desired allied health program.
Our small cohort design provides a supportive environment with personalized attention by our knowledgeable staff.
As a leading research institution, UCI offers our postbaccalaureate students the opportunity to pursue lab research opportunities with notable faculty, fostering professional growth and hands-on experience.
Why is the UCI Biological Sciences School Postbacclaureate Premedical Program the right choice for career changers seeking admissions into a health profession program?
- Guaranteed enrollment in program science courses
- Prep material accessible during intermission for advantageous start
- Continuous academic stimulation equating to 12-months academic calendar
- Accessible and unique pre-health counseling services
- Small cohort design
- Quarterly Health Professional Seminars
- Free accessible peer tutoring (for basic science courses)
- Over 230 research possible opportunities under the guidance of the distinguished faculty of the School of Biological Sciences and the UCI School of Medicine
- $1000 test prep scholarship and letter of recommendation for eligible students
PROGRAM BEGINS JUNE 24, 2019
Applications Open: November 15, 2018
Start Term: Summer only
Start Year: 2019
Recommended Deadline: February 1, 2019
PostBacCAS application submit deadline: March 1, 2019 at 9PM PST/ 12PM EST
Secondary application final deadline: March 15, 2019 (application verified, all requested secondary application requirements received)
Other Program Links:
- Main: www.Postbacc.bio.uci.edu or https://www.bio.uci.edu/undergraduates/postbacc-premedical-program/
- How to Apply: https://www.bio.uci.edu/how-to-apply/
- Admissions Requirements: https://www.bio.uci.edu/admission-requirements/
- Curriculum and Enrollment: https://www.bio.uci.edu/curriculum-guaranteed-enrollment/
- Supportive Resources: https://www.bio.uci.edu/supportive-resources/
- Certificate Requirement: https://www.bio.uci.edu/certificate-requirements/
- Tuition & Financial Assistance: https://www.bio.uci.edu/tuition-and-financial-assistance/
- Testimonials: https://www.bio.uci.edu/testimonials/
- Frequently Asked Questions: https://www.bio.uci.edu/postbacc-premed-faq/
- Contact Us and Information Events: https://www.bio.uci.edu/contact-visit-information/