ACCESS UCI- Division of Continuing Education: BIO SCI COURSES
Instructions for Enrolling in BIO SCI courses
The approval process for enrolling in BIO SCI courses through ACCESS UCI/ Division of Continuing Education takes place in the Bio Sci Student Affairs Office (located on the 1st floor of the BIO SCI III building # 519 on the online campus map.) The BIO SCI Professors are not involved in this process. Enrollment forms will not be accepted prior to the first day of instruction.
- Enrollment in undergraduate Bio Sci courses through ACCESS UCI/ Division of Continuing Education is open to non-UCI students who have met the proper pre requisites for the courses.
- ACCESS UCI/Division of Continuing Education students have last priority for enrollment in BIO SCI courses.
- For specific course information please review the UCI Schedule of Classes. Course descriptions are listed in the UCI General Catalogue.
- Select your course(s): Familiarize yourself with the exact dates and times. Many of our courses may have prerequisites and/or corequisites. Prerequisites for each course are strictly enforced.
- Drop off the completed Access UCI enrollment form (please use the PDF form) to the Bio Sci Student Affairs Office
- If you have completed the required prerequisites off campus or previously through ACCESS UCI, you MUST attach a copy of your transcripts to your enrollment form every quarter.
- Enrollment forms will not be accepted prior to the first day of instruction.
- You do not need the instructor’s signature
- We will approve a maximum of 2 BIO SCI courses per quarter only
- If it is deemed that you have taken an equivalent course at another institution and earned a grade of C (or Pass) or better, then you will not be able to repeat the course at UCI. More information can be found here.
- If the course is OPEN at the beginning of Week 1 you are welcome to attend the course. Bio Sci Student Affairs Office will notify you via e-mail if your enrollment has been approved. It will be approved or denied based on space availability and prerequisites. This means, you might have to wait till the end of week 2 for approval.
- If the course is FULL at the beginning of Week 1 there is a very little chance we will approve you into the course.
- Return your completed enrollment form and pay your fee to the Division of Continuing Education Student Services Office. Submit one form per class, with a unit value. Faxed and/or mailed enrollment forms are not accepted. Enrollment forms will not be accepted prior to the first day of instruction.
- Enjoy your class!