If you have general maintenance requests or a building emergency, please call the Campus Facilities Service Desk at (949) 824-5444 or visit their website here. Such requests include:
- Lights out
- Plumbing problems
- Air-conditioning and heating problems
- Broken or stuck locks
- Other building related issues
- Volume 6 from the Office of the President
- Biohazardous Waste Materials
- Campus-Approved Outside Vendors/Contractors
- Dishwash Autoclave
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Key Issuance
- Lactation Room
If you would like to receive alerts about building and facility updates, please sign up for both email alerts below:
- Solid biohazardous waste materials may be autoclaved in the autoclave facility, but only if the waste is from a Biosafety Level 1 (BSL1) process. BSL2 and BSL3 derived waste must be picked up by EH&S for disposal off site.
- Here is the link to the biohazardous or medical waste pick up request: http://www.ehs.uci.edu/apps/waste/biocollect.jsp
- Solid BSL1 waste must be stored in white or opaque biohazard bags. A recharge rate of $10.00 per bag is in effect. Please provide the recharge account and fund at the time the waste is brought to the autoclave facility.
- Autoclaves are available 24 hours per day (Except during steam shutdowns or power outages): http://www.ehs.uci.edu/biosafe.html
|Matthew Martinez||IT Director||(949) email@example.com|
|Eric Sanchez||Systems Administrator||(949) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|David Krueger||Mac Systems Specialist||(949) email@example.com|
|Phone Help Desk||(949) firstname.lastname@example.org|
All autoclaves/dishwashing/drying facilities are “Self-serve” you will need to provide your own detergent, foil and autoclave tape, etc.
|Natural Sciences I||2334||Autoclave/dishwasher/dryer/bottlewasher|
|Natural Sciences II||3341||Autoclaves|
The recommended “Dishwasher” detergent is glass, cage and rack wash. It can be ordered from the Getinge Catalog here: http://www.getingeusa.com.
1. How do I get my key deposits back?
Please return your keys to your administrative office. If you are owed a deposit refund they can print and sign your key receipt.
Neuro — responsible for deposits/refunds taken from 4/05 to 6/30/07.
E&E — responsible for deposits/refunds taken from 4/05 to 6/30/07.
Departments managing their own keys:
Dev/Cell — responsible for deposits/refunds taken from 4/05 to present.
MB&B — responsible for deposits/refunds taken from 4/05 to present.
OOD — responsible for deposits/refunds prior to 4/05.
If you are owed a deposit from OOD, please contact the finance department at x44247.
2. How do I print a key receipt?
Instructions (for Office Administrators Only).
3. How can I get something fixed in my lab?
Please call x45444. They can advise you.
4. Who should I contact if I have questions about lab safety?
You should contact David Melitz at extension x42221. David is the EH&S coordinator for the School of Biological Sciences.
5. I lost my keys/keycard. What should I do?
You should contact your PI or supervisor and UCI PD to inform them that you have lost your keys. Contact your administrative office to obtain a replacement key.
6. I have workspace in BioSci buildings/areas but do not work for any of the BioSci Departments. How do I get information about building shutdowns and maintenance that might affect my area?
To receive email updates about work performed on buildings and area in the School of Biological Sciences, please sign up here and subscribe to the Bio-Facility-Others list. If you were hired into one of the BioSci departments you are already subscribed by your department. Please check with your PI for any questions.
For Campus Facilities Management updates, sign up here.
7. What are the recharge rates for Campus Facilities?
Click here for the recharge rates.
8. What kinds of maintenance qualify for “State funded services” as opposed to “recharge services”?
Volume 6 from the Office of the President provides clarification.
Search sections – Volume 6
The Facilities Manual contains University of California policies,
procedures, and guidelines for its facilities. The manual is based on
Regents’ policy, federal and state laws, regulations, case law, and results
of UC’s dispute resolution. Areas covered include operations and
administration, planning, design, construction contracting, and facilities
Select Volume 6: Plant Operations & Maintenance
Please contact your department administration directly to arrange for key issuance.
|Eco Evo||321 SH||x46006|
|Dev& Cell||2011 BS3||X44707|
|MB& B||2011 BS3||X44707|
BioSci Facilities offers a lactation room in McGaugh Hall, room 1301. The room is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The room is locked from the inside when occupied.
For more information on lactation services at UCI please visit http://www.health.uci.edu/services/lactationstation.aspx.
ImageWorks specializes in digital imaging, photographic and copy services, and the design and preparation of posters for scientific meetings. Visit their website http://imageworks.bio.uci.edu/ for more information.
Contact Information: 2112 Natural Sciences 1, Irvine, CA 92697-1450
Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday 8AM to 5PM. We are closed on all campus holidays.